Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Update

Well this past weekend was a very busy weekend for us. Saturday night we hosted Bible study at our apartment, so I spent most of Saturday cooking. I ended up cooking WAYY too much food.... 4 lasagnas to be exact!! But it was tasty and everyone got to take some home. We enjoyed having our friends over for Bible study, and of course Disco was THRILLED to have some new friends to play with.
Sunday my mom, brother, and about a million other relatives came to San Antonio. Micah and I went to my grandma's house to visit them. We also had a mini early birthday celebration for Micah. My mom got to fulfill her self proclaimed need to bake people cakes on their birthday, and made a really yummy sourdough carrot cake! She also got the shock of a lifetime when Ryan showed up....it was a total surprise, orchestrated by none other than yours truly! Ryan and I got to made our family proud when we had contests of who has a larger oral cavity (Ryan can put a whole apple in his), and who can put their foot in their mouth (literally) while standing. Once again, Disco was thrilled to have some new friends to play with, and got to play with some other dogs as well. I won't go into detail, but let's just say Disco is getting a little too friendly and I can't wait till he gets fixed on April Fool's Day!!!

Proud to call him my brother.... I guess ;)



On top of everything else this weekend, I was supposed to be studying for my microbiology exam which was today. It went okay, but would have been better if I had been able to spend some decent time studying. I guess sometimes there are more important things than studying! Tomorrow I have a dental anatomy practical, then time to start preparing for Monday's exam! Ohhh how I love dental school.

Speaking of school, I thought some people may be interested in hearing an update on my professor who had a slight "wardrobe malfunction" as we call it in my class (i.e lost his pants). Someone in my class purchased a sympathy card for us to sign and give to him. The card had some sentimental words written in it including something about being "sorry for your loss," to the end of which my classmate wrote "of pants." We wrote notes to our professor in the card telling him how awesome it was that he finished his lecture after the incident, how much we enjoy his class, and what a great sense of humor he has. In addition to the card, we also gave him another gift: suspenders. I know this all sounds kinda mean if you don't know the guy, but he has a great sense of humor and really did like our gift. He was very touched to receive the card and truly appreciated the suspenders. He said he almost cried after reading our sweet comments in the card.

3 comments:

  1. That's really cool (about the note). Disco will be enough more awesome after he is fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot to mention that you schooled me in the oral cavity event.
    PS I just know that picture is going to haunt me in my future.
    PPS Best blog ever.
    PPPS nice suspenders pic.
    PPPPS Good luck on your practical!

    ReplyDelete

Light Orchid